Skip to main content

Francis Samuel (Bud) Johnson and family


This is the Bud Johnson family of Pike County, Arkansas. Names are on the photo itself. One son remains unlisted. The picture is from Ancient Faces, at http://www.ancientfaces.com/research/photo/380039

I am really depressed about this poor gentleman's unbuttoned waistcoat! Imagine how humiliating it would be to get those photos back and have no option for a retake.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am from the Gorenflo Familt in NC. My Grandfather is Grover Gorenflo and his children are Vista, Era and Terry.
If you would like you may contact me xmeout2day@yahoo.com Terri.

I have other pictures as wll as a baby book of my Great Aunt Gladys only child. (his first hair cut sample inside)
Natalia said…
Thank you so much for sharing, Terri. I will write you privately.

Natalia
Anonymous said…
The un-named child is Fredrick (Fred) Samuel Johnson. He is my great-grandfather. My father has the same picture with all the names in the photo.

Bottom left-to-right:

Frank Otis Johnson, Francis Samuel (Bud) Johnson, John Arthur Johnson, Alice Louisa Johnson,

Top, L-2-R:

Baby Ray Davis & mother Sara Ann Johnson Davis, Richard Garland Johnson, Minnie Johnson Leath, Nancy Lillian Johnson Rutherford, Fredrick (Fred) Samuel Johnson, & Florence Christine Johnson.

One of the last 2 girls may be "Tena Johnson Lee???"
Anonymous said…
The last girl is Florence Christina "Tina" Johnson Lee.

Popular posts from this blog

Cox, Hershey, Bickmore, Isaacks, Armistead, Kellogg, Schroeder, unknown, and Anthony families.

April 2010 Please see updated information in the comments, and I've copied some of it under the Isaacks family halfway down this post. These are all linked from Ancient Faces. To see the original entry go to ancientfaces.com and search the names. Cox family, 1927. Left to right: Marion Absolom Cox, aged 36, b Feb 26, 1899; John Larkin Cox, b Aug 15, 1895; Alva Louis Cox, b Mar 20, 1901; Gilbert Raymond Cox, b Jan 2, 1904; Mary Cox, b Oct 13, 1886; Robert Dale Cox, b Nov 2, 1909; Mary Melvina {McReynolds} Cox, b Oct 10, 1871; John 'Turkey' Cox, b Aug 24, 1859. Henry (b Feb 13, 1820) Hershey and Caroline Good Hershey (b Feb 5, 1824) family. Children are: Alvin E Hershey, b Feb 28, 1842; Mary A Hershey, b Jul 10, 1843; Malinda G Hershey, b May 10, 1845; Nancy A Hershey, b Jan 18, 1848; Benjamin Hershey, b Feb 8, 1850. UPDATE: July 2009: "Keith" writes (slightly adjusted): Just a quick note to say I love your blog and it came to a surprise while s...

Two beautiful "found photos"

I first saw these photos on a blog called Celestial Charms .  When I asked permission to post them here the owner kindly said I could post any photo from her Flickr photostream!  Thank you so much, Maureen! I'll start with the the two photos that I found at her blog post, Thoughts on Victorian Fashion. As usual, please click on the photos to see them at their best.   First is a lovely photo of five little brothers from Canajoharie, New York.    Next is one of the same five boys with their two sisters and their parents as well.   They look like a pretty well-to-do family, and with all those boys there must have been a fair bit of mischief going on.  And with the girls, even more.  I can say this as my family is almost exactly the same in make-up, though spread out in age more than this one.   See Maureen's thoughts about the fashion and dating of these photos here at Celestial Charms--Thoughts on Victorian Fashion . T...