Skip to main content

Cox, Hershey, Bickmore, Isaacks, Armistead, Kellogg, Schroeder, unknown, and Anthony families.

April 2010
Please see updated information in the comments, and I've copied some of it under the Isaacks family halfway down this post.

These are all linked from Ancient Faces. To see the original entry go to ancientfaces.com and search the names.


Cox family, 1927. Left to right: Marion Absolom Cox, aged 36, b Feb 26, 1899; John Larkin Cox, b Aug 15, 1895; Alva Louis Cox, b Mar 20, 1901; Gilbert Raymond Cox, b Jan 2, 1904; Mary Cox, b Oct 13, 1886; Robert Dale Cox, b Nov 2, 1909; Mary Melvina {McReynolds} Cox, b Oct 10, 1871; John 'Turkey' Cox, b Aug 24, 1859.




Henry (b Feb 13, 1820) Hershey and Caroline Good Hershey (b Feb 5, 1824) family.
Children are: Alvin E Hershey, b Feb 28, 1842; Mary A Hershey, b Jul 10, 1843; Malinda G Hershey, b May 10, 1845; Nancy A Hershey, b Jan 18, 1848; Benjamin Hershey, b Feb 8, 1850.

UPDATE:

July 2009: "Keith" writes (slightly adjusted):

Just a quick note to say I love your blog and it came to a surprise while
surfing the web for info on my ancestors. My great great great grandmother was
Amanda (Good) Horton (1835-1874), who was living with the Henry Hershey family in 1850 in Wisconsin. I only presume that she was a sister to Henry's wife, for Amanda named one of her daughters Caroline. Family lore is the parents were Pennsylvania "Dutch" and I do have their photos but no other info. I have a feeling they passed prior to 1850, hence the reason Amanda was living with an older sister.



Charles and Ada Bickmore family, about 1919. Names on photo itself.



Isaacks family, Texas, 1940.

Regarding the Isaacks photo above,

In Feb 2010, MI (but no other information about him or her) wrote:
  • I was searching the internet one evening looking for photos of relatives that I have not seen in awhile and ran across your website. The Isaacks photo (which I also have) is of my grandparents. The boy and girl seated are  my dad (Merle) and his twin sister (Pearl).   Standing in the back are my uncles l-r, Max, Wayne, Archie, Louis Jr.

    My mother's side (Skoruppa) also had 6 daughters and no sons. Heard endless stories of how they had to drop out of school to work the cotton fields and tend to farming chores in the 40s.

Thank you so much for commenting, MI, with so much wonderful information!  I wish your profile wasn't hidden so I could reply directly;  unfortunately, Blogger hasn't been notifying me of comments so I just found this.  I hope you check back!  I would love to hear more about your family.  Also, you should go to the site where I got this photo,  http://www.ancientfaces.com/research/photo/355214 and maybe you will find some distant relatives.  Because you hadn't posted there already, I took the liberty of adding some of the information you shared here in a comment there, as it may help other researchers.  You may be able to contact the contributor to correct the possibly misspelled surname or add other information.

In June 2009, an anonymous commenter wrote: 
  • I visited your site for the first time today and I loved it!  I so admire anyone who searches for families and puts emphases on families and togetherness.  Our family is quite large.  We had six children and now nine grandchildren, all of whom live here on our one hundred twenty six acre tract of land in Texas.  My Dad's side, Ritter/Dison, had nine children and my Mother's side, Washington/Isaacks, had seven children.  Family is something we all need to treasure and appreciate.  We are so Blessed!
I wish you didn't post anonymously so I could email you back! Was this your Isaacks family? It's the right name and state and so it made me wonder. Thank you so much for your kind encouragement and I hope you keep checking in. Thank you for sharing about your family. I would love to hear more. Do you have photos of your family when the children were little, your dad's family, or your mom's family? Any interesting stories about life in your or their families?




Armistead family, 1899.



Kellogg family, 1867.



This is a family photo of German immigrants Heinrich (Henry) C. Schroeder and Augusta Mueller Schroeder and their children. He came from Westphalia, Germany in 1871, she from province Posen, now Poland. They married in Williamson Co., and had the children there, moving to Miles in 1903, then on to Lubbock Co. TX in 1909. They considered Miles to be home, and both were buried there.

Back, left to right: Henry Schroeder, b Nov 23, 1888; Otto C Schroeder, b Jul 3, 1887; Louis H Schroeder, b Feb 23, 1884; Edward A Schroeder, b May 14, 1890; Louisa E (Schroeder) Pruitt, b Aug 3, 1893.
Front: William 'Will' M Schroeder, b Dec 9, 1891; Bertha A Schroeder, 6yrs, b May 16, 1897; Heinrich 'H.C.' C Schroeder, b Feb 13, 1860; Augusta Schroeder-Teal, 5yrs, b Mar 26, 1899; Augusta Mueller-Schroeder, b Nov 25, 1859.



This unidentified family photo was found in the home of Sallie Parton Austin. Her family was from Jackson County, North Carolina and moved to Jackson County, Alabama before 1900. Her family moved to Arkansas, North and South Carolina. The contributor says that they could be from any of the following families: Parton, Messer, McMahan, Sutton, Austin, Gunter.



Ironically, even when larger families were more common, this studio could barely hold this very handsome group! Though unidentified, they may be related to Dominick Arneto Anthony or the Cushings of Oregon, probably the Anthony's side of the family. Dominick Arneto Anthony came over from Spain.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I visited your site for the first time today and I loved it! I so admire anyone who searches for families and puts emphases on families and togeatherness.Our family is quiet large.we had six children and now nine grandchildren, all of whom live here on our one hundred twenty six acre trac of land in Texas.My Dad's Ritter/Dison had nine children and my Mother's side Washington/Isaacks had seven children.Family is something we all need to treasure and appreciate.We are so Blessed!
Unknown said…
Just a quick note to say I love your blog and it came to a surprise while surfing the web for info on my ancestors. My great great great grandmother was Amanda (Good) Horton
(1835-1874),who was living with the Henry Hershey family in 1850 in Wisconsin.I only presume that she was a sister to Henry's wife,for Amanda named one of her daughters Caroline.I was curious to know if you had any info on their parents.Family lore is they were Pennsylvania "Dutch" and I do have their photos but no other info.I have a feeling they passed prior to 1850..hence,the reason Amanda was living with an older sister.Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.
Natalia said…
I wish you didn't post anonymously so I could email you back! Was this your Isaacks family? It's the right name and state and so it made me wonder. Thank you so much for your kind encouragement and I hope you keep checking in. Thank you for sharing about your family. I would love to hear more. Do you have photos of your family when the children were little, your dad's family, or your mom's family? Any interesting stories about life in your or their families?
Natalia said…
Keith

I'm so glad you enjoyed the blog! I hope you keep stopping by.

(**For some reason blogger didn't let me know that you and "anonymous" had commented so I just saw this yesterday. And because neither of you gave any contact information I can't reply separately. I hope you both check back!)

I love the fact that you have found family members here! I got the photo from AncientFaces.com. If you are not the person who posted them there, perhaps you could contact the person who did and find some long-lost family! Just go to the site and search for the surname. I don't do any family research on these photos myself, but am thrilled when people find family here! I'm sorry I can't give you any more info on the family. Please let me know if you find anything new! I love to hear stories of these families. I will update my site with your info, though.

Thank you so much for commenting and I wish you the best in your research.
I was searching the internet one evening looking for photos of relatives that I have not seen in awhile and ran across your website. The Isaacks photo (which I also have)is of my Grandparents. The boy and girl seated is my dad (Merle) and his twin sister (Pearl).
Standing in the back are my uncles l-r, Max, Wayne, Archie, Louis Jr.

My mothers side (Skoruppa)also had 6 daughters and no sons. Heard endless stories of how they had to drop out of school to work the cotton fields and tend to farming chores in the 40's.
Natalia said…
Thank you so much for commenting, MI, with so much wonderful information! I wish your profile wasn't hidden so I could reply directly; unfortunately, Blogger hasn't been notifying me of comments so I just found this. I hope you check back! I would love to hear more about your family. Also, you should go to the site where I got this photo, http://www.ancientfaces.com/research/photo/355214 and maybe you will find some distant relatives. Because you hadn't posted there already, I took the liberty of adding some of the information you shared here in a comment there, as it may help other researchers. You may be able to contact the contributor to correct the possibly misspelled surname or add other information.
Anonymous said…
Thank you for posting these photos. I am a descendant of Henry and Caroline Good Hershey from their daughter Mary Ann Hershey. I had never seen this photo before. I had also never heard of ancientfaces, so I will definitely check that out. Thanks again!
Natalia said…
Dear Anonymous

Thank you so much for your comment and letting me know that you found some family here! I hope you are able to contact someone through AncientFaces and find some long lost relatives!

You are welcome, thank YOU again, and all the best in your searches!

Popular posts from this blog

Cowboy family from the 50s or early 60s.

I love this picture of a family with great big smiles!  I wonder whether this is their farm and their horse, or maybe they were city folk who wanted their family picture done on the farm.  I tend to believe the former because a picture on a dude ranch or friend's ranch would probably be with more obviously western clothing accessories and background. Forget the polo shirt!   I bought the picture on Ebay and have no information on the family or where this was found or taken.  Of course, if anyone recognizes them, please let me know!  I'm not familiar with the trees in the background.  Perhaps someone can tell me what they are and they will be a clue to the location. As usual, click on the photo to see it full-size.  It is actually REALLY big so you may need to click on the enlarged picture another time if your browser sizes it to fit the page.

Grown children of Thomas Darling

This is from Ancient Faces at https://www.ancientfaces.com/photo/grown-children-of-thomas-darling-group-portrait/404638 Contributor there writes "Group photo of all the brothers and sisters of Thomas Darling fathering. Undated. G.W. Darling was born in the 1830s - he looks like he's in his 30s on here, maybe. So, I figure it was taken around the 1870s or 1880s at the latest."