Skip to main content

The Best family, from Denise in New Zealand


Denise writes:
Only 12 children are in the photo. Two more are born later! I would guess that this was taken in the very late 1920s or very early 1930s.

Best Family - New Zealand
Standing L to R:
Keith, Hazel, Lorna, Bill, Violet, Aubrey (Manny), Ivor
Front L to R:
Beris, Patricia, Clive (Father), John, Susan (Mother), Molly, Ray

Comments

Melanie said…
These photos are so great, Natalia! I love looking at them!

I hope you don't mind I added this blog to my blogroll. It's private, so you probably won't get much traffic from there, but it's easier for me to peek in here then. :) If you'd rather I didn't, let me know. If you want access to my blog, email me.
Natalia said…
No problem, that'd be great! I think I have an old link to your blog but if you've changed things it probably won't work, so I would love the info to access it.

Popular posts from this blog

Cox, Hershey, Bickmore, Isaacks, Armistead, Kellogg, Schroeder, unknown, and Anthony families.

April 2010 Please see updated information in the comments, and I've copied some of it under the Isaacks family halfway down this post. These are all linked from Ancient Faces. To see the original entry go to ancientfaces.com and search the names. Cox family, 1927. Left to right: Marion Absolom Cox, aged 36, b Feb 26, 1899; John Larkin Cox, b Aug 15, 1895; Alva Louis Cox, b Mar 20, 1901; Gilbert Raymond Cox, b Jan 2, 1904; Mary Cox, b Oct 13, 1886; Robert Dale Cox, b Nov 2, 1909; Mary Melvina {McReynolds} Cox, b Oct 10, 1871; John 'Turkey' Cox, b Aug 24, 1859. Henry (b Feb 13, 1820) Hershey and Caroline Good Hershey (b Feb 5, 1824) family. Children are: Alvin E Hershey, b Feb 28, 1842; Mary A Hershey, b Jul 10, 1843; Malinda G Hershey, b May 10, 1845; Nancy A Hershey, b Jan 18, 1848; Benjamin Hershey, b Feb 8, 1850. UPDATE: July 2009: "Keith" writes (slightly adjusted): Just a quick note to say I love your blog and it came to a surprise while s...

Francis Samuel (Bud) Johnson and family

This is the Bud Johnson family of Pike County, Arkansas. Names are on the photo itself. One son remains unlisted. The picture is from Ancient Faces, at http://www.ancientfaces.com/research/photo/380039 I am really depressed about this poor gentleman's unbuttoned waistcoat! Imagine how humiliating it would be to get those photos back and have no option for a retake.

Two beautiful "found photos"

I first saw these photos on a blog called Celestial Charms .  When I asked permission to post them here the owner kindly said I could post any photo from her Flickr photostream!  Thank you so much, Maureen! I'll start with the the two photos that I found at her blog post, Thoughts on Victorian Fashion. As usual, please click on the photos to see them at their best.   First is a lovely photo of five little brothers from Canajoharie, New York.    Next is one of the same five boys with their two sisters and their parents as well.   They look like a pretty well-to-do family, and with all those boys there must have been a fair bit of mischief going on.  And with the girls, even more.  I can say this as my family is almost exactly the same in make-up, though spread out in age more than this one.   See Maureen's thoughts about the fashion and dating of these photos here at Celestial Charms--Thoughts on Victorian Fashion . T...